Applying the NEUPRO Patch
Making sure it’s ON—and that it stays on
It's important to apply the NEUPRO® (rotigotine transdermal system) Patch correctly so you get the dose of medicine your doctor prescribed. Take a few minutes to watch the video and read through the instructions on how to apply the NEUPRO Patch.
Read the Instructions for Use that comes with your NEUPRO Patch before you start using it and each time you get a refill. There may be new information. This printout does not take the place of talking to your doctor about your medical condition or treatment.
HOW TO APPLY THE PATCH VIDEO
Take a few minutes to watch this video on how to apply the NEUPRO Patch
- Do not use NEUPRO if you are allergic to rotigotine or any of the other ingredients in the patch.
- Use NEUPRO exactly as your doctor tells you to use it.
- NEUPRO comes in 4 different size (dose) patches for Parkinson's disease. Your doctor should start you on a low dose of NEUPRO. Your doctor will change the dose weekly until you are taking the right amount of medicine to control your symptoms. It may take several weeks before you reach the dose that controls your symptoms best.
- Apply NEUPRO 1 time each day at the same time each day.
- You may bathe, shower, or swim while wearing a NEUPRO Patch. Water may loosen your NEUPRO Patch.
- If the edges of the patch lift, you may tape them down with bandaging tape.
- If your NEUPRO Patch falls off, apply a new NEUPRO Patch for the rest of the day. The next day, apply a new patch at your regular time.
- If you miss a dose or forget to change your NEUPRO Patch, apply a new NEUPRO Patch as soon as you remember. Replace the NEUPRO Patch at your normal time the next day.
- Do not stop using NEUPRO without talking to your doctor first. If your doctor tells you to stop using NEUPRO, you should ask your doctor for specific instructions on how to slowly and safely discontinue using NEUPRO. If you stop using NEUPRO, you may have withdrawal symptoms.
- Read the Instructions for Use and watch the video above for specific information about the right way to apply the NEUPRO Patch.
What to avoid
- Do not drive, operate machinery, or do other dangerous activities until you know how NEUPRO affects you.
- Avoid exposing the site where you have applied your NEUPRO Patch to heating pads, electric blankets, heat lamps, saunas, hot tubs, heated waterbeds, and direct sunlight. Too much medicine could be absorbed into your body.
- Do not use NEUPRO during certain medical procedures called magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or cardioversion. Using NEUPRO during these procedures could cause a burn to the site where you applied your NEUPRO Patch.
- Avoid direct sunlight if you get a skin rash or irritation from NEUPRO until your skin heals. Sun exposure could lead to skin color changes.